Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrig ice maker quit working

On Oct 25, 9:19*pm, Jan Philips wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:16:02 -0400, Jan Philips

wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:52:51 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

what happens with the ice maker water supply disconnected, and the ice
maker left on, it calls constantky for water and damages the water
valve solenoid

:-( *I don't think we turned off the ice maker while the water was disconnected.

It was that way about 2 days.

If you move the lever that senses the levelof the ice, can you hear
any clicking or sounds that sound like a valve opening and closing.
If dead silence, either the switch or the valve is most likely gone
west.