Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Backing for Mirror

wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 05:51:01 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 23:19:39 -0500, -MIKE-
I suspect code would require a junction box with a cover that
provides access to the wire ends, but I am not an electrician and
I haven't bothered to check the code.

And, with my limited understanding of electrical code, I believe
there also needs to be easy access to that junction box. I'm not
exactly sure what makes up easy access.

Needs to be "accessible" Removeable panel makes it accessible. It
DOES need to be in an approved enclosure (box) - no live capped off
cables terminating in open air. So forget the wire-nuts and just
stich a receptacle on it.

Well - if there is an outlet in place already, there is most likely a box
there as well. All he needs to do is to cap off the wires within the box
and cover it over.

--

-Mike-