Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default my recent activity

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:04:55 -0500, G. Ross wrote
(in message ) :

Good to hear from you. I also have a couple of skews, oval and flat.
I also need to learn how to use them, but never have. Right now I
am turning tree ornaments using a spindle gouge to round the blank
then a bowl gouge to do the shaping.

Thanks for your response, G.R.
In the early stages of your ornament work, could I encourage you to try the
skews for rounding your blanks? At that stage, there are no mistakes, and you
will start learning about those chisels that are just colleting dust instead
of making shavings. being lighthearted here, and trying to encourage you to
stretch a little. (smiling, now)
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.