Dennis M. O'Connor

Default Best wood for kitchen worktops?

"Mark" wrote ...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
I'm not so sure. The "in thing" right now is granite, followed by Corian.

[...]
Then by all means I should jump in line and be a sheep.

No, no, always do the OPPOSITE of what they do !
Sheesh. This "the way they do it on those shows must be wrong"
attitude is just as moronic as the "as seen on TV" one.

I think you'll find many people with trophy kitchens (those things on TV) don't
actually cook in them.

However, Corian(R) is still a fantastic surface for countertops.
And no surprise there, since it was designed to be exactly that.

As to kitchen design, the biggest flaws I've seen in "trophy kitchens"
is too big a primary work area (sink-cooktop-fridge-oven) and
claustrophobic range hood designs.

And any kitchen can be improved by adding anti-fatigue mats (as can any shop).
--
Dennis M. O'Connor