Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Does there exist software that...

On 23/10/2012 21:54, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:53:04 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 10/23/2012 03:28 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Does there exist software that behaves much like DropBox, but "drops"
directly into your own website?

Right now it's fire up WSFTP, login, and scoot around the directory
trees finding the files, before transferring.

...Jim Thompson

Sure. sshfs on Linux, ExpanDrive on Windows. Makes it look just like
any other directory. I use both of them daily.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

ExpanDrive: Co-o-o-ol! I think :-|

I connect with my website, see all the little maintenance items, like
.mail, etc, but I don't see the directory tree for the pages of my
website. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not very savvy with
this sort of thing, having had WSFTP pretty much doing everything
automatically all these years.

...Jim Thompson

This is strange. You have always been able to set the initial starting
directories under the "startup" settings for each site local and remote
folders. And you can view the tree by clicking on the folders icon.

I don't see why you are struggling it is all there in TFM.

WS_FPT Pro has been able to do what you want and more for ages (possibly
at least a decade) including synchronising a pair of directory
structures on different platforms automagically.

For pain free updates the synchronise website thing is a doddle!
(in the subdirectory "Utilities" - bet you have never looked in it)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown