Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] larrymoencurly@my-deja.com is offline

Default Fixing a remote

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:36:55 PM UTC-7, Metspitzer wrote:

I pulled a remote out of a drawer that hasn't been used in a long
time. The 1 key doesn't seem to work. Pushing 1-9 causes a light
on the remote to flash, but 1 doesn't flash. I opened it up and
blew on it. It is still broke.

You probably need to remove the rubbery membrane and clean both its
black circular contacts and the circuit board beneath it with alcohol.
Some of those contacts were lubricated at the factory with silicone
oil, and sometimes the oil evaporates, leaving behind only the thick
greasy part. It's possible that you need to reapply some new silicone
spray, but sometimes that makes the buttons work a lot worse.