Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default p5-75 boot issues

wrote in message
My old 1995 GW2k P5-75 doesn't boot right.
First clue is the clock is at zero, so batt is dead.
But it requires me to get in and out of setup to get it to boot.

Is there any workaround, even if I don't replace the battery?

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus,

BioStrategist
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime

Bimbos]

This ancient pc I'm using here , the batt I bridged across with large ZnO
batteries and diode years ago .
Soldered on eires with pc power off but battery in place , otherwise a hell
of a work up to remove the original. A couple of years ago had to replace
those batreries and enough charge in the original to maintain data while
swapping batteries