Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Fresnel aspherical acoustic mirrors

On 24/10/2012 16:32, Jim Hawkins wrote:
Phil wrote:
On 24/10/2012 14:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
Erm, not sure this would work very well. Surely even if the
reflectors did work, the head turning could upset it rather.
Its not I think going to be any better than cupping the ear with
one hand. Brian

Perhaps worn as a hat?

Yes - that might be very acceptable for many women.

You've actually missed the whole point about how hearing aids work, and
why.

As we get older, the ears become less sensitive at high frequencies, but
retain their sensitivity at lower frequencies. Hence, hearing aids don't
just make everything louder. They boost the high frequencies, but not
the lower ones.

You'll need to build that into your hat, or it won't help.