Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How to operate Heatstore electric heater

On 24/10/2012 16:49, Allan Mac wrote:
On 24 Oct, 11:02, Chris1986 wrote:
I just moved into a flat and I can't find a way to switch on the
heaters.
They are all Heatstore, one is bigger and it has a switch on the side,
that one works. But the rest of them are a bit smaller and there is a
switch only on the wall. I checked the fuses, I left them on all night
but nothing.
Is there anyone who can help me with this?
Thanks.

--
Chris1986

Hi

the heaters you describe are almost certainly storage heaters, ie they
store up heat in bricks using cheap(er) electricity at specific timed
intervals. The one that works will be a storage + convector. The
convector part will be on a 24 hr supply, this is the bit that is
working. Sounds like the storage supply is turned off or the timing
device is faulty. Look for another fuse box with the main switch
turned off.
Hard to be more specific as there are so many permutations of 'off
peak' supply.

A photo of you electrical "head end" (i.e. fuse, meter, consumer unit /
fuse box) posted somewhere with a link here would help.

--
Cheers,

John.