Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Water-based Paint

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:32:23 +0100, Roger Mills
wrote:

On 23/10/2012 17:47, polygonum wrote:

Completely agree that they can raise the grain. But, in that sense
luckily for me, most of my painting is re-decorating where the substrate
is already pretty well covered.

I find that water-based paint is fine on wooden door frames and
skirtings, etc. However, what it's *not* fine on is MDF window cills if
they're ever likely to get wet. When the paint is thoroughly dry it will
still let water through - unlike oil-based paint - and this will bring
the MDF up in a nasty rash.

I wouldn't use MDF for window cills again. They all turned into
weetabix, even using oil-based paint.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?