Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - Funny Response From Time Warner Cable Regarding Modem

wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:14:03 -0400, "Jeff" wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I received a postcard from Time Warner Cable today informing me that as of
November 1, I can either pay $3.95 per month to lease my modem from them
or I can purchase my own.

With projected additional $350 Million more in their coffers because of
this _lease_ fee, I wonder when they will start leasing the cable to us,
which runs to the house!

Rogers cable has been "renting" the modems for years. They are trying
to get everyone to buy them so when they fail YOU need to replace
them, instead of the cable company.

Actually, once they finally got me to someone who actually made sense (the
third person I chatted with) he made sure that I was aware that any modem
that I purchased from the approved list would work with the *current*
features and speeds. However, should TWC upgrade their hardware and/or
programming, those of us who own on our modems would have to purchase
another.

The tone of his chat was decidedly leaning towards the lease option.