Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fence facing etiquette

wrote:
On Oct 23, 8:42 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

I don't see the objection to using the term law. Requirements
for fences are typically part of zoning ordinances that are passed
by the governing body, eg town council, township committee,
etc, and have every bit as much enforceability as those that
set the speed limits on various roads do. Just because it's one
small part of all the zoning doesn't mean it's not a law.

It must suck to live in a city with zoning.

As hard as it may be to believe, there are actually folks
out there that don't want a junk yard or fat rendering
plant going in the lot next to their house.

Then deal with the fat rendering place directly.

We had a situation similar some years ago. On the ritziest street in the
ritziest part of town, Shell Oil bought a corner lot and announced plans to
build a gas station.

The neighbors objected. They cut up their credit cards and mailed the pieces
to Shell. The residents vowed all-out war!

Shell decided they didn't want to ****-off John Connally or the sitting
Secretary of Commerce (Robert Mossbacher). The company donated the lot to
the city for a pocket-park.