Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default LED lamps

On 23/10/2012 22:45, wrote:

"but not LED"?! Have you first hand experience or are you just
assuming things? Try out by yourself and tell me.... Then, maybe, the
secret is really in the driver or the fact that these 12v led bulbs
runs on low voltage just like the halogen 12v - both are more
efficient and more pleasant than the high voltage counterparts just
because these are low voltage (what about that?).

It seems to me that there is implicit in that the assumption that the
voltage that the actual LED receives differs. Do you believe that to be
so? Do you have any evidence that is so?

In the case of 12 V halogens you know that they are being supplied with
12 V - through some sort of transformer (whether traditional or
electronic) and the filaments are very different to those intened for
mains usage.

But with LEDs you are most likely not seeing the voltage that the actual
Ds receive. Only what you are supplying to the complete device.

--
Rod