Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default 5HP 230v drive brake resistors

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:57:40 -0500, Ignoramus21608

On 2012-10-23, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:20:01 -0500, Ignoramus21608
wrote:

I have a milling machine that I acquired cheaply, due to a failed
sipndle VFD drive and burned out brake resistors.

The drive was professionally repaired and works great.

However, I am a little puzzled by the brake resistors. Yaskawa manual
only lists part numbers. I would like to find some suitable
replacements. What I need to know if the recommended ohms and watts. I
have some big-ass resistors in my ebay store that look like they might
fit, but I have no way of ascertaining what ohms/watts I need.

Thanks

Which VFD is on the drive?

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

Yaskawa 5 HP 230v

Standard PC-3?

That should take a 30 ohm 500 watt resistor.