Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Ok, where was my brain..???

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 00:29:30 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

I was listening to some music whilst replacing the condensers in an old
AC/DC valve radio (dropper resistor, no transformer) and wondered why the
music crackled every time I soldered something.

Then I realised that the music to which I was listening wasn't from the
hi-fi but the mains-powered radio on which I was currently working.

I don't think I'll ever try television repair.

The value of isolated bench power supplies (in that I didn't have one)
was brought home to me when I moved a metal desk lamp too close to the
live chassis of the TV set I was repairing at the time.

Ouch.
--

Dave