Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike[_7_] mike[_7_] is offline

Default Water-based Paint

On Oct 22, 9:39*pm, polygonum wrote:
Have been doing a bit of interior painting recently - where I have been
using Joncryl primer/undercoat and Johnstone's acrylic sheen. Because I
have been switching between the two, I have repeatedly washed the brush
out after doing one or two door sides. (With oil-based I'd have used two
brushes and not cleaned fully till the end. But it is so easy to wash
out the water-based...)

The washing out and thereby not allowing any significant accumulation of
drying paint to occur made life so much nicer. Previous usage of
water-based I have tended to keep going, going, going and getting a
slowly-drying ridge of paint towards the top of the brush - but never again.

And the paint finish has been as good as any I have ever achieved. I
like this new era of water-based...

--
Rod

Despite appearing to be a really bad gimmick, these do actually work
very well:

http://www.handysolutionsuk.com/Dand...Cle aners.htm

Bugger all use with a pad, though.