Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broadband Speed Test

In article ,
Thumper wrote:
When VM first announced they were doubling everyones broadband speeds I
checked the website which said my area was due to be upgraded this
month. I checked again recently and it said because of difficulties my
area is now scheduled for August 2013. I'm currently on the 10mb
package, so I'm thinking about changing to one of their "Collections"
that will give me 60mb for about the same monthly tariff. But will I
actually get anywhere near 60mb?

I changed from Pipex(TalkTalk) to BT fibre recently. Reported speed
changed from around 8Mb to 45 Mb. Seems to make absolutely no difference
in practice.

--
*Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Dave Plowman London SW