Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Broadband Speed Test

On 22/10/2012 14:53, Thumper wrote:

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:30:02 +0100, polygonum wrote:

I have similar with VM. I'm on 10 meg and it's supposed to 20 meg
but it
isn't :-( Still on 10 every time I check. I don't understand it :-(

Are you supposed to be getting that now or only after the "speed
doubling"
program - which is not going to completed until at least late next year?

When I enter my postcode at the VM website it says :-

"Your area is ready"

"Congratulations! The new double speed boosts are already up and
running in
your area."

So I assume my speed should have doubled - but it hasn't :-(

When VM first announced they were doubling everyones broadband speeds I
checked the website which said my area was due to be upgraded this
month. I checked again recently and it said because of difficulties my
area is now scheduled for August 2013. I'm currently on the 10mb
package, so I'm thinking about changing to one of their "Collections"
that will give me 60mb for about the same monthly tariff. But will I
actually get anywhere near 60mb?

Says we are scheduled for speed doubling December 2012 to February 2013.
At present we get a reliable 20 MB down - 2 MB up. But their packages
start at 30 MB... So somewhat confusing.

It does seem that something changed in the past few weeks - we were
getting some relatively slow periods (perception - I am not into running
a speed check the moment a page takes a second or two longer to
download). And now is seems solid.

--
Rod