Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Fence facing etiquette

Harry K wrote:

On Oct 19, 3:53*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 06:12:09 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

When I was young I learned that fence facing etiquette is to have the
pretty side of the fence facing outward towards your neighbors. My
questions:

(1) Is this a law in places?

Yes. * *Even if the neighbor *prefers* the other side.

-snip-

An actual "law"? I doubt that, part of HOA agreements, city ordinance
and the like I can see but to have such nit-ppicking written as an
actual law seems to be stretching the "The Law is an ass" concept.

I confess to using the term 'law' to include local ordinances in this
case.

It is *the law* in this house that you clear your plate--- but no
legislature has ever deliberated upon it as far as I know.

Jim