Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
legg legg is offline

Default 74HC4046 Model Development

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:27:24 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 17:02:13 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I have been notified by Helmut Sennewald that the LTspice encryption
process hides the node sequence. So please revisit...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/HC4046_SUB.zip

for a corrected version.

This is just the VCO portion for now, and just the variable part;
suitable only for LTspice.

Please try it out and let me know your comments, etc.

Since I'm new to working with LTspice, please send me any error
messages, so I can refine my skills :-}

What upsets me most is that it's a copy of my 1965 design, the MC4024
(bipolar devices, oscillator core is PECL, TTL output). And they
bungled the copy :-( Unlike my original version, the CMOS version
dumps the capacitor is an uncontrolled manner, and the thresholds and
current mirrors are abominations of "engineering".

...Jim Thompson

Are bungled abominations more difficult to model?

RL