Bay Area Dave

Default Can we use water based finish on oil based finish for maintenancecoats?

I chose WB because oil poly reeks! Makes my nasal passages
burn. Plus the WB dries quickly.

dave

Brian Elfert wrote:

(John Smith) writes:

I am building a new house with 2500 sq-ft of hardwood floor. I plan on
maintaining the floor with water based finish for recoating high traffic areas
once a year or so.

Why would you need to recoat every year? Have everyone remove their shoes
when they come into the house if need be. Any carpeted areas will last
longer too with no shoes. Recoating the floor every year would be a major
pain, especially if you have an active family.

The reason I choose water-based over oil-based for my floor is because
oil-based will yellow over time.

Brian Elfert