Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan[_3_] Moe DeLoughan[_3_] is offline

Default Black & Decker Rice Cooker

On 10/19/2012 7:33 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, Steve Scully wrote:

We have a B&D rice cooker that quit working. When you plug it in, the light
indicates 'warm' but the switch won't work when you depress it. I took the
bottom off but couldn't see anything that would lock when you hit the
switch. It is out of warranty, so the $64 dollar question is: can you
replace the switch or as is usual in cases like this, it's just cheaper and
easier to buy a new one.

Best would be to stop eating rice. All of it has arsenic. Some of it (like
brown rice) has a lot. The full report is in the November 2012 Consumer
Reports.

Just switch to foreign-grown rice. It's the US-grown rice that has the
biggest problem, thanks to the poultry and pig producers feeding
arsenic-laced feed to their animals. The manure is used in rice fields
and is picked up by the rice.