Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We're saved

wrote:
On Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:31:50 AM UTC+1, harry wrote:
All the corner shops will have to reopen.

Nope, all supermarkets already deliver. That is beginning to make a
meaningful impact on miles travelled. If children walk to school
(where possible) that is another "win".

As for storing electricity, oh please, you use a molten sodium store
which is well proven as the energy transfer from nuclear to turbines.
Solar could be used to heat it even in the UK in Wales - would be
more economic than clueless turbines & air into petrol technology.

Got to hand it to you there. 30% efficiency thus TREBLING or
QUADRUPLING the massively high cost of renewables ALREADY.

We are going to see a vast amount of money wasted on "because we get
a Grant" system and THAT is because we are copying all the mistakes
of communist russia. Making stuff for which there is only a
synthesised market due to miss-allocation of capital. If the West
wants to bankrupt itself, way to go.

If we want simple sustainability, reforest Scotland & Wales and start
burning the stuff in simple wood burners that just divert through an
outside wall. Minimal cost of installation, good backup heating.

And enough to support only 30,000 Scotsmen. Sounds like a plan!

Turn the rest onto haggis

Of course the problem then is what do we do with the Harold Wilson
Wet Central Heating brigade, his master plan for brown overall job
creation... and a million other clipboard idiots.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.