Ed Sirett

Default ICOS/Keston/Greenstar

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:47:16 +0000, IMM wrote:

I have been receiving feedback from British Gas people that they no longer
push the Ideal Icos boiler. It has been around for about 2-3 years now.
There are a number of people on this ng who have installed it. Will people
please give their opinion of this boiler from real usage?

Also, the Worcester-Bosch Greenstar and Keston Celsius. Do these boilers
require a flue gas analyser to set up properly? Saves me trawling through
data.

Effectively the Keston does need one since on a sample of a few, no one
seems to have had one that was set up right out of the box. My guess is
they are set up leanish becasue the damage of setting them up rich would
be greater than the other way around.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk