Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default We're saved

On Oct 20, 2:19*pm, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:
Broadback wrote:
I can dream. If it ever becomes feasible, or any other alternative to
the present oil sources, then what a difference it will make to the
Middle East countries, and of course Western Governments attitude to
them. Roll on the day!

The Middle East can be near 100% by-passed by using North American Shale
oil. There are more reseves there than the Middle East.

But the western financial system is predicated on Debt. *We are debt slaves
all our lives to them. *All these countries are in hock to US banks, so
their oil will flow to ensure the debt will continue. Oil consumption
world-wide is rising as China, etc modernise and industrialise and are
insatiable for energy.

The west could turn its back on the Middle East, but the Far East will not.