Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Klaatu Klaatu is offline

Default Dull red from a video projector

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Klaatu wrote in message
"N_Cook" wrote in message
As though the red of the colour wheel has gone dark with age. Instead
of
vibrant red it is dull red/brown. Improved a bit with up to the limits
changes to the colour matrix, now dull red rather than dark brown for a
saturated red input . Not a leads problem , computer in and then

computer
out to a monitor is fine. Video source is similarly affected. No loose
leads
inside. "Service" manual has no schematic of course.
Is there a generic cause to this as it seems quite common across

different
makes and models?

Had that intermittent problem with an Epson (?) DLP projector. Blue and
green were fine, red was brown sometimes, cable seemed fine, but replaced

it
anyway. Problem disappeared.

So you replaced the cable?
As the monitor out seems fine I assumed it could not be a cable problem

Yes, replaced the cable, problem disappeared. Since it was used with a
laptop, I suspect a bad pin or socket. When the problem stopped with a new
cable, I stopped looking.
BTW, the problem hasn't reappeared.