nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Another thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned often enough is that it's children under 6 years old that are most at risk from inhaling lead dust.

That's because it's when kids are young that their bodies are growing fastest and more of what they ingest goes into building those growing bodies rather than pooped out their butt holes. So, the risk to adults from inhaling lead dust is much lower simply because we're not growing any more and so we don't incorporate the lead dust we breathe in into our bodies. We poop it out our butt holes.

Also, lead based paint pigments were only banned in ARCHITECTURAL paints in 1978. You can still buy lead based pigments like lead carbonate and lead chromate at any artist supply store. Just ask for Lead White, Flake White or Chrome Yellow.