Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default White, no black, is the new stainless

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

people paint their walls all sorts of colors and yet the kitchen is
supposed to be black, white or stainless?

Yep. All black works. See:
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201...1-OTMNYC.html?
ref=realestate#10

I've seen kitchen appliances in bright primary colors and they
looked sharp. Granted I don't think they will be as timeless as the
above, but what the heck

Not only will they not be timeless, they require you to buy all from
the same manufacturer if you want them to match. As the color choices
will change with the years, if you need to replace one, and you want
to keep them matching, you will have to replace all three.

Don't think so. You can have the appliances re-painted at an auto paint
shop.

or in home refinishing ala bathtubs