Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fence facing etiquette

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

As I said, pretty on both sides can be accomplished fairly easily
with some fence styles, but not with all.

You can come close. A close-picket fence can be mixed pretty
transparently with a alternating pickets. A neighbor on one side
replaced the fence (it was probably "mine" but did it before I moved
in) with alternating pickets. It doesn't look that bad.

Not only, but an alternating-picket fence is much less likely to get blown
down in a hurricane (much of the wind can actually go THROUGH the fence).