Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default faucet holes for Corian countertop

Don Wiss wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2012, " wrote:

On Oct 19, 10:38 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Don Wiss wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"hr(bob) " wrote:
The holes for the faucet are normally part of the sink itself and
don't go thru the countertop itself. Go to a store which carries what
you are buying and have a look-see.

Really? I guess they'll have throw all of these out.

http://sell.lulusoso.com/upload/2011...countertop.jpg

But those are not kitchen countertops. Those are sink tops for a bathroom.
They are not interchangeable.

That's your push back? Bathroom countertops vs. kitchen countertops?

The point was that the holes aren't "normally" part of the sink. They can
most certainly go through the counter top.

This better?

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/cut-cir...-faucet-30...- Hide quoted
text -

LOL. Don has a point, but by just raising the objection
without acknowledging that you are correct on the essential
point, which is that lots of kitchen countertops have
holes for the faucets to mount, he just adds to the confusion
of some.

I misread what was posted. I though it was about predrilled holes, versus
holes drilled at the time of installation. Bathroom countertops are often
predrilled. Kitchen counters are never predrilled, and are drilled at
installation, if the faucet holes are not part of the sink.

One must be careful when using the word "never".

Scroll down this site to the 7th image:

http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/dupo...lation-review/

I'm sure that that is not a one off situation. When possible, pre-drilling
in the controlled environment of the countertop cutting shop is probably
the best choice.