Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default buying used table saw

On 10/20/2012 12:04 AM, Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 10/18/2012 8:11 AM, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:41:02 -0400, Bill wrote:
list, but i wouldn't mind seeing a Delta UnisawStop (my term) show
up in
the marketplace.

You're going to be waiting some 20 or so more years for that patent to
expire.

And I think I would rather have the SawStop brand over the "Delta of
today" version.

Maybe so. Sawstop has 2 tiers of quality just in their cabinet saws. The
higher level one, at least, has several HP choices (3,5 and 7.5, IIRC).
I'm going to visit Woodcraft this weekend for their 10 and 15% off sale.
Maybe I'll get an estimate on a package while I'm there. As you
probably are well-aware, alot of parts on a SawStop are priced
separately: the blade guard, and fence for instance.

Bill

I made my visit and bought my sharpening slips. I found out that the
weekend 10% special on powertools doesn't apply to SawStop or Festool.
Professional (not "Industrial") Sawstop with 36" table and 3 HP motor
with fence and basic blade cover is $2899 + $200 for mobile base + $250
for shipping + tax.
Let's see, that comes to $3349 + 7% = $3583.43, but to be fair (in
making comparisons), that includes the mobile base.

To make it easier to compare, add to the price of the Unisaw to
compensate for not having a blade stop feature.