Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default Apple ipads (again)

"Lee" wrote in message
On 17/10/2012 23:47, MaRKg123 wrote:

Whats so special about the display, that it's got some bull**** "Retina"
branding? It's just a IPS panel with a specific pixel density (264
Pixels/Inch to be exact) that many other tablets have already exceeded
(for example the Samsung Galaxy Note II)

A big part of my usage of the iPad is web browsing and the display of web
pages is just so much better that any of the Android tablets I've tried.
I'm not even going to get into the debate about how poor the Android
browser is (though Chrome is a little better)

The Nexus 7 has Chrome as standard.

Although Ansus make the Nexus 7, its own brand tablet is a poorer product
than the Nexus 7.

Yes there are major advantages in Android over Ios/Apple, but it depends
what you want to do with your device and and the moment the those
advantages are being outweighed by the Apple device simply doing what I
need it to do, better.

The Nexus 7 has upped the yardstick.