dteckie

Default Best wood for kitchen worktops?

I recently upgraded my kitchen countertop after many hours of research
and questions. The best overall countertop is Silestone (goes by many
other names)which is engineered stone. It Looks and feels like Granite
but is not pourous to liquids like granite and doesn't need occasianal
sealing like granite. Silestone is hot cold resistant and scratch
resistant (uses quartz as engineered material) but is most expensive.
Next is Granite is hard and hot cold resistant and somewhat scratch
resistant but pourous and needs sealing occassionally. Third best is
Corian looks great but scratches easily and not temperature resistant.
I have had bad experience with Corian countertops aside from
scratching it cracked in couple places so not an option for the wife.
The least expensive is Formica or other similar laminates. I chose
granite for my countertop but whished I had spent the extra money for
the Silstone. Hope this was informative. Good Luck

Ron wrote in message . 110.205...
As the title suggests, SHE is going to allow me to make our new kitchen
tops.

Any preferences to wood type?

Ron