Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Apple ipads (again)

Bill Taylor wrote:
[snip]

Go on, explain how easy it is to set up printing for Android.

No idea, never tried. It's probably as bad as the ipad, but Apple make
such a big thing of how easy it is to use their products that coming
across this problem exposes how much of an untruth that is - unless
you spend more money to do it the Apple way.

Oh for $DEITY's sake. When Microsoft upgrade their OS, on the same
hardware, users find they are forced to buy new printers, scanners etc.
Your beef is now, apparently, not that it is hard to set up iOS but that
iOS doesn't support the latest print features with some shonky old printer
that you're too mean to replace. Or font have the skills to configure to
work with Linux or can't be arsed to download an app for your Mac or do
whatever it is that WindowsPervs(tm) have to do.

I don't understand an attitude that says that all makers are obligated to
support antique legacy systems that may well, by now, have only a tiny use
base.

Hang on, iOS doesn't support my Laserjet 4MP+. That means Apple are
complete and utter *******s.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/