Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Splork Splork is offline

Default Need Teac W880RX Schematic

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 04:44:32 -0500, "Mark Zacharias"
wrote:

"Splork" wrote in message
news
Reel motor drive turning off on it's own. Lack of tape take up motion
then
shuts down Pinch Roll. Would like to scope it out for cause.

Need Teac W880RX Schematic or Service Manual. Could only find one that
costs as
much as the unit is worth. Any one able to help?? Usenet reply

Thanks

"Reel motor drive turning off on it's own"

The F/R motor is stopping on it's own, then the unit auto-stops?

It so I would suspect the reel motor itself is going open-circuit at times.
Actually happens a lot, especially if the machine has spent much of it's
life not being used much.

In these cases, I disconnect the reel motor from the circuit and run it with
a separate power supply for at least a couple hours in each direction.

This way you do not run the risk of damage from dis-assembly etc and believe
it or not, never seen a re-do from this method.

I've used this method with great success in a Nakamichi MR-1 for example.

Mark Z.

Thanks Mark

Good trick.

I had a scope on the motor and the drive voltage drops in concert with the motor
stopping. Pinch roller drops later a second or 2 later as one would expect.

If an open motor, should not the drive power remain applied with the cessation
of motion??

Machine has indeed had little use.