Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Kilpatrick[_2_] Michael Kilpatrick[_2_] is offline

Default 3hr power cut thanks to some trees

On 19/10/2012 09:12, Tim Watts wrote:
Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

I disagree. The fact that they allowed trees to grow to endanger their
(rather dangerous) power lines, or planted their overhead lines in the
vicinity of extant trees is in itself negligent in the first place.

Michael

Why couldn't they be considered negligent for not inspecting and taking
remidial action beforehand?

I didn't say they couldn't. When I said "I disagree" I was referring to
having missed the point or not. If, as someone has suggested here, they
do inspect power lines regularly either by helicopter or otherwise, then
clearly they were negligent. Of course, it only comes to the attention
of the courts of justice if someone gets hurt...

Michael