Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark BR[_2_] Mark BR[_2_] is offline

Default antislip cover for a manhole cover

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Mark BR wrote:

I looked at the non-slip paint, but it is about £28 for enough to cover
some 200 sq m. I only want a cover 2' by 1' protected!

--SNIP--

An alternative to the sandy paint is Evode impact adhesive, but an £8 tin
will only barely do 2 sq ft.

Whatever way you fasten the rubber, warm it first because otherwise on a
hot day it will form ridges. It needs to be under v slight tension.

Adhesive, that made me think, always a bad idea.

What would sand and PVA do? Got some in the garage so can always experiment
with that.

--

Mark BR