Posted to alt.home.repair

Default White, no black, is the new stainless

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:42:32 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:33:32 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"Is this the end of a 25-year run for stainless steel? Major manufacturers
are placing bets on different potential successors to the shiny, upscale
appliance finish, whose resilience surprised many."

Maybe avocado? Rocky Road? Meat?

http://realestate.msn.com/what-comes-after-stainless

Stainless will be around a while because it holds up well. Paint chips
and fades. Stainless is still stainless. Unless someone is going to
replace everything in the kitchen, they will want to match what they
have.

people paint their walls all sorts of colors and yet the kitchen is supposed to
be black, white or stainless?

Any wall covering goes with black, white, or stainless appliances. If you
bought a cerise refrigerator it would clash with next year's green paint.

I've seen kitchen appliances in bright primary colors and they looked sharp.
Granted I don't think they will be as timeless as the above, but what the heck

If you want to replace them every time you paint, go ahead.

smart appliance makers would just sell appliques to change the appearance of any
appliance

They do. They make appliance with tracks to add panels to match cabinets.
Most don't buy them, so...