Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3hr power cut thanks to some trees

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:40:10 +0100, Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

On 18/10/2012 22:29, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:04:52 +0100, Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

The point is that it is absurd to imagine that the arcing suddenly
began today or that it will be significantly worse tomorrow morning.
It just happened that someone noticed it today, not yesterday or last
week, or last month even. The idea that the problem *must* be attended
to *immediately* if someone phones at, say, 3pm is just bonkers. As I
said,
trees don't spring up overnight.

Of course. But, if it was reported at 3 p.m., and at 4 p.m. someone was
injured as described, the power company would be liable...

Well, it follows that I wouldn't hold them liable. I take the
consequences of my own philosophies, obviously.

Besides, it's a rather fatuous argument. If it were reported at 3pm but
it took 2hrs for a team to be mobilised then it's still too late for
someone injured at 4pm.

OK, change the timescale and the argument is still valid.

I think you're being precious about it too. Sounds as if your only
priority is your own comfort...!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org