Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default Apple ipads (again)

In article op.wmc9yltfxafqef@desktop, MarkG wrote:

I stand by my statement, that the Nexus7 is the best tablet on the market
today bar none. It's fantastic performance, no lag whatsoever, has a
balanced featureset which keeps the cost and weight down.

For home use, maybe (although personally I prefer the iPad). Beware for
business use though...

Android to exchange is a whole world of pain, it doesn't support activesync
correctly and is inconsistant between builds.

We are also seeing no end of problems with jelly bean...

Around 60-70% of our mobile users are on iOS devices, around 25Â% on
android.

Our support load is by far the opposite - more like 85-90% android problems
and 10% iOS.

Also beware the life of android (this might be more relevant for phones than
tablets admittedly). There aren't many Android devices that will still be
upgradable to the latest build 18 months into a 24 month contract. Not
always a problem, but annoying.

The biggest issue with any tablet is to buy a decent one, and that generally
means an iPad priced one. The cheaper ones are frustrating. It's just that
Apple don't bother with the cheaper end of the market - all of their
tablets (and I guess, all of their products really) are well into the premium
end. They come with a premium price tag as well! (except maybe the ultrabook
market - hard to find much comparable with a macbook air - we've been trying!)

Darren

Darren

Sure it's got
no 3G (but then that's what mobile tethering and wifi hotspots are for),
and no rear facing camera that makes you look a dickhead when you take
pictures with it. But it's got everything else the iPad has (GPS etc) and
more besides (NFC for example)