Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Apple ipads (again)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
Don't have one but was amazed to find with a pal's one there is no easy
way of printing from it. Apart from emailing to a proper computer. We
found this out when wanting to print off a boarding pass.

No that's ******** Dave. Printing is supported in all iOS devices. Even
my phone does it.

Could you give details? As I said it wasn't mine - but my pal was fairly
certain.

Fairly obviously you need a wifi connected printer. Without that you're not
going to get far. You can use just about any old printer connected to a
Linux box but the setup may be a bit tedious for some. Other than that a
printer attached to a Mac attached to a network attached to WiFi.

In Safari you then select "print" which is on the same menu as "mail" and
"tweet". when you select print you get a dialogue that lets you select
which printer and the number of copies.

It's all considerably easier if you have an AirPrint capable printer which
iirc is most of the consumer models. It's well summarised he

http://www.macworld.com/article/1166...irpri nt.html

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/