Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Dull red from a video projector

Adrian Tuddenham wrote in message
valid.invalid...
N_Cook wrote:

[...]

If I get inside again I may try mounting a piece of mirror in the lamp

light
path and try reflecting a red LED laser into the light tunnel and
colourwheel and see if that brings up the red component/s of the image

Don't risk damaging your eyes, a focussed arc lamp is a dangerous
beast*. If you can see inside with the machine switched off, it would
make more sense to just look at the red sector of the colour wheel and
see if it has turned brown.

I am begining to think that the other respondents have got better
suggestions and the problem is more likely to lie in the cables, the
signal, or even the colour-handling software.

* These lamps are dangerous in other ways, too. I once had to replace
one which had burst after a cooling failure, the explosion had bent a
0.375"-thick extruded alloy heatsink.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Not just the bright light , but the cooling is disrupted by removing the
cover. I drape silicone sheet over wonen glass mat over the active area to
obviate shatter, intense light/UV, venting pitfalls.