Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default Apple ipads (again)

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:34:20 PM UTC+1, News wrote:
We, apparently, need an ipad. Not sure why, but I'm told we do. Given

the threads discussed here in the past, I can see what they're good for,

but what size HD? The basic model is 16GB which is tiny compared to

modern PC sizes. Having said that, does an ipad need a large HD? The

size options seem to be 16, 32 and 64GB. The antique desktop I'm typing

this on has 228GB.

--

Graeme

This stirs up the whole religious debate about Apple vs others, but the real question is what you want
to do with it. Personally, I've always thought of the whole concept as an elegant solution looking for a
problem, but would still rather like one (!)
I know quite a few people with iPads (fewer with other variants) and I've never heard any of them
complain about storage limitations. Many of the people I work with use them to take documents to
meetings, create things on the go etc etc, but this doesn't really require much storage.
If you're thinking it would be good to have a full set of music and movies on one, then you'll fill the
space very quickly, but they are really designed to work alongside a host machine where the bulk of
everything is stored.
My gadget-boy son has an iPad and even he has never whinged about storage. He seems to use it
more for web browsing though, with all his music on his iPhone.
As previously mentioned, printing etc from an iPad can be a bit of a faff but then there are many WiFi
printers around now.