Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quick dying light bulbs

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 01:46:36 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

Michael Dobony wrote in
:

I just replaced 4 light bulbs a little over 2 weeks ago, not cheap
dollar store ones, but Sylvanias. All four went out already. I
replaced 2 of them last night and 1 was burned out only 2 hours later!
I checked the voltage and it is 117. The contacts are clean and
bright. Any ideas what might be going on?

How securely are the fixtures held? Are they subject to any vibration?

Incandescent or CFL? I've had more than one batch of bad CFLs - and
the brand doesn't seem to matter - just about all are made in China
anyway.