Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Cable Splitter questions for my internet and tv

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:12:45 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Bartolo wrote:

Many in this thread bash the Monster products, but at $9.99 on Amazon
with free shipping, I do not consider their top of the line 5Hz -
2GHz splitter to be over-priced. It's a small price to pay for
reliable tv AND internet service. In fact, a "cheapie" splitter at
Radio Shack is the exact same price -- $9.99

Irrespective of the price/quality of Monster Cable (spit) products, their
business morality is reprehensible. I refer you to correspondence in reply
to a "Demand" and "Cease and Desist" letter from Monster Cable's lawyers to
Blue Jeans Cable.

I don't about Monster, never ordered from them.
But when I put one splitter too many to run 4 TV's and my internet
connection, I got a bad TV signal.
Bought a Motorola signal booster for 30-40 bucks.
Fixed it all up by using the booster fed by the first splitter and all
the TV splitters are fed by the booster.
Left the cable modem unboosted as the feed off first splitter.
Read that shouldn't be boosted.
Supposedly the cable company will come and put a booster in free but I
didn't want to deal with them.