Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Overlooked by many DIYourselfer's

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I'm still confused. If registration isn't required, why register?
...or is there a problem with the two counties if you don't register
it? Here people get "registered" (CCL) not guns. For some reason I
had to fill out a yellow sheet for my last gun purchase (a month
ago), though.

The yellow sheet was ATF Form 4474. It, and the informtion on it, stays with
the seller unless and until he goes out of business.

In my state, and a few others, if you have a CHL (CCL), the dealer does NOT
make the call to the NICS to verify you are permitted to buy a gun.