Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Winterizing Trailers #2 (update, job in progress)

That can work. I've also some where around here got a two gal garden
sprayer. The water heaters are supposed to have a bypass valve, so I can
drain the WH, and then pink the other lines. More to research, and learn.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

Use an inexpensive submersible utility pump with a garden hose type
output connection. Place the pump in a 5gal bucket and add antifreeze as
needed.

My recommendation would be to pump AF into the system, then drain the
system recovering the AF to use on the next trailer which should leave
just the AF in whatever low spots there are and minimize the use of the
somewhat expensive AF. Don't forget to drain the water heater.

When I winterize my camper I blow it out with compressed air, but I let
it run most of the day so there isn't much residual water left. It also
doesn't get super cold here in N TX.