Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Winterizing Trailers #2 (update, job in progress)

Thanks. I've got an inquiry or two in, and that might just be the case. Now,
how does one pump pink stuff in? One fellow suggested a submersible pump in
a bucket. You know, that might work. I've got a portable sprayer that might
work. Or, a couple gallon pump sprayer, and some plumbing adaptors.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Art Todesco" wrote in message

I've heard that blowing out the water systems is not sufficient
winterization ... you must run pink antifreeze through both the hot and
cold water lines. It was said that water can gather or hide in low
spots creating a place where it can freeze, expand and break the pipe.
I don't know if I believe it or not, so I've always pumped through the
pink stuff. I guess if you do it for a sufficiently long time, it
should eventually get it all out. I remember at the building I used to
work (suburb of Chicago) they would connect a large compressor, like the
trailer mounted ones for jack hammers, to the sprinkler system and let
it run for seemingly hours. Mist would continue coming out for a really
long time. I usually blow out my garden hoses for the winter, however,
I know there is still a little water left behind.