Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default flat screen deposits

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 00:14:46 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

Brilliant investigation.

Thanks. Sherlock did it better.

The stuff was not there when installed a year ago.

Oops. That blows my packing material theory. The packing material
would need to have been stuck to the plastic case when it was first
installed. Argh.

I don't currently have a microscope, but I'll try to get whatever
magnification I can come up with. The stuff sticks pretty well.

How about something simpler? Can you determine the texture? Is is
hard as a rock, grainy, more like ashes, crumbly, greasy, mushy, etc?
Does it feel heavy (like sand) or is it light (like ashes). Might was
well determine if it's water soluable.

I would hate to look inside.

I don't think it will bite.

--