Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Holmes doing minimum code now!

"Jeff" wrote in message

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
Saw the first of Mike Holmes' new season of home repairs. He fixed an old
couples' duplex which had an odd roof configuration that perpetually
leaked. He extended the roof up into a peak as a normal house would use.
However, the houses had an 8" concrete block firewall between them. When
he extended to roof framing, the firewall had to be extended up to the
underside of the new roof.

Personally, I would have extended the block wall with more blocks as it
would be an excellent firewall but Holmes, who normally has distaste for
the minimum code requirements and tends to over build most things he
works on, extended the firewall with a wood frame and drywall. I know it
is legal, (in the past when these homes were originally built, it was not
legal) to construct a firewall out of drywall but this is the minimum
code requirement.

I see he is now lowering his supposed standards down to the minimum code
requirement.

Nobody cares, dipwad

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Why do you even bother reading
postings, let alone bother to reply with useless juvenile drivel.